Thursday, September 9, 2010

Opening Post

The image of a blog has changed over the years from the original meaning of the acronym (Bullshit, Lies, Obfuscation, and Gossip) to a meaning closer to 'reporting' and blogging is now a respected activity of millions of people who have likely never even heard of the origin of the word. What a funny acronym to have catch on.

As an early adopter of computers and software applications, getting my feet wet with my first computer in 1979, I am a latecomer in blogging mainly because I haven't had a purpose for it. It has always fascinated me how so many people spend so much time typing so much information into their blogs.

Now I have a purpose, and it borders on self-promotion, something that I pride myself in, being self-employed as a computer guru and also being a freelance writer in technology subjects. Shameless self-promotion, now that it a subject I can relate to. Take my personal website for example, at http://www.normdickinson.com/, or my business site at http://www.tqf.us/, adn you will see two perfect examples of blowing my own horn.

Add to that list some of the recent articles I've penned online and you will start to see why I decided to start blogging, here and other places as well. Lists of articles will soon be flooding my blog as I shout out to the world to look at me, and call me when you need help. I can solve your problems, for a small fee of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment